Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sometimes, this disease makes no sense

For weeks and weeks (months really), I've had the "norm" of 6-8 hours of functional time in a day.

Today was very much an outlier. VERY much. I think 6 weeks of unused energy all got released today. Or really, starting last night. Could *not* sit still. If it hadn't been for the Lunesta, I wouldn't have been able to sleep, either. Pulled out embroidery floss to sort -- the first time I've brought that much embroidery stuff out in over a year.

Today though? Today was even worse. I could NOT sit still. Period. Finally went over to mom's and helped her with some redecorating upstairs. 14 hours straight today. Do you know how long it's been since I've been able to go 14 hours without a nap, let alone *energetic* and *moving around* and moving books and helping move a small bookshelf from one side of the room to the other, etc.

MONTHS.

And then to come home and not *crash*? To slowly settle down into a relaxed state? Finally able to sit and stitch?

I'll pay for it someday this week. I always do. Probably with 1-2 days where the *only* things I can do are get up to go to the bathroom and to eat. But... now I have 4 of the shots behind me... maybe this will be different.

I can only hope I'm on an upswing... preferably a -very- long term one.

No comments:

Post a Comment