Thursday, September 10, 2009

Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy

One of my friends is sick and mentioned something about reality just being a construct to him now. I almost answered 'welcome to almost every day of my life'. That's really a good way of describing the fog that those of us with fibro and CFS get.

I'm having one of those foggy days today, pretty strong. I'm not surprised, after the stress of yesterday.

I can look at things and everything is clear, in focus... but the details don't necessarily register. And look away for a moment, and the details are gone.

I can be working on something -- like writing this blog, for instance -- and in the middle of a sentance have my entire train of thought come to a halt. This happens to a lot of people, even without CFS. But... have it happen every other sentance for anywhere from one second to 30.

That's what it's like to be tired in a brain fog.

And there's another aspect of daily life with CFS.... there was something else I was going to make sure I put on the blog, and I can't remember it. Ahh well, it'll come back eventually.

Oh, one thing I do remember. The past 2 weeks I've been typing at the couch more often than the computer. Almost exclusively, really. We've got the TV hooked up to the computer and I have a wireless mouse and keyboard. So I can sit back in comfort. I've been doing better.

Yesterday, I tried going back to the computer itself.

Here came the symptoms, so much worse again. Looking at the screen and not registering what I'm seeing. Being unable to read text because I just can't focus on it. Made trying out this new game rather difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment