Sunday, September 6, 2009

Trapped

Boy do I feel trapped

What I want right now is to get away. Escape. Go to Oregon, Washington State, DC, Maine, North Carolina.....

Just get in the car and *GO* for 3 weeks.

Go at a slow pace, yes. 5-8 hours a day. But you can see a lot in that time, you know?

I look outside here... I see houses. Freeway. Construction. Trees.

I want to look outside and see mountains, ocean, scenic lakes... heck, even scenic redrock desert.

I want to go sit in a diamond or crystal "mine" activity (ie: Crater of Diamonds) and such, and go rock hunting. Know what we have down here to hunt? Mud. Mud. More mud. Clay. And lots of fire ants.

I want to escape the dreams of work that have been plaguing me all week. I want to escape the doctor's visits. The feeling of inability to do things. Of being trapped...

*sigh*

I know from past experience that taking a 2-week trip can make a huge difference for me. The escape from *anything* stressful in the normal way, the production of adrenaline, even the exercise with a *purpose* can do me a lot of good.

It doesn't last, but it can do me a lot of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment